user creation

Eric Freed
Hi,

I have a few questions about creating users. I know you can set a
default catalog or the default schema when creating a user, but can
you set both? And if not, can the default schema or catalog be changed
after the creation?

The wiki says that the DBA_USERS view is available starting 0.9.4, so
maybe an update statement will work?

Thanks

Re: user creation

ngoodman
On Mar 17, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Eric Freed wrote:

> I have a few questions about creating users. I know you can set a
> default catalog or the default schema when creating a user, but can
> you set both? And if not, can the default schema or catalog be changed
> after the creation?

Well, a schema is in a catalog.  By setting the schema to a fully prefixed schema you effectively set both.

create catalog c2;
create schema s2;

create user xyz identified by 'XYZ' default schema c2.s2;
!closeall
!conn jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost XYZ XYZ
select * from localdb.sys_root.user_session_parameters where param_name in ('schemaName', 'catalogName');
|  PARAM_NAME  | PARAM_VALUE  |
| schemaName   | S2           |
| catalogName  | C2           |

What does NOT appear to be working is the "replace" part of this statement:
create (or replace) user xyz identified by 'XYZ' default schema localdb.testing;

I had to drop and recreate the user to get changes, for the change to take effect.  I'll do more research and potentially log a bug for this.