signing off

Hey all,

Due to insurmountable impediments I've experienced within the current
organizational structure, I'm no longer able to be effective at
cultivating increased participation in Eigenbase, so I've decided to
stop working on both Eigenbase and LucidDB in their current forms
entirely.  I may continue playing around with the code via a GPL fork
in github; not sure yet.  One way or another, I'll no longer be
checking into Perforce, nor will I be reviewing changes there.  I have
already resigned from my existing roles in the non-profit, and am
handing off all responsibilities to the leadership there.

It's been great working with everyone, etc etc.  If you have any
questions, feel free to email me privately.

JVS

p.s. No, it's not April 1 yet in any time zone.

Re: signing off

ngoodman
JVS,

Your contributions to the project, foundation, and building the LucidDB user community are immeasurable.  We are indeed extremely sad to see you leave; as we have discussed at length directly we hope to be a long term solution for the impediments leading you to this decision.

We at DynamoBI know we have big shoes to fill as we fulfill the remaining project leadership responsibilities (releases, integration branch to branch, website maintenance, etc).

LucidDB users should know that things continue to move forward with the numerous existing Eigenbase developers (Kevin S, myself, Julian Hyde, Hunter, chard, jhahn, mberkowitz, sunil, etc) and that a May release for 0.9.4 is still on track.

We all wish you well on the variety of open source projects at Facebook; you will be sorely missed here.

Nicholas Goodman
Founder, CEO
DynamoBI Corporation
[hidden email]