one little whoops for the release notes

In 0.9.3, we completed the transition from
com.lucidera.jdbc.LucidDbHttpDriver to org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver.

The com.lucidera class is now gone, so when you start using the 0.9.3
JDBC driver, you'll need to adjust your classname configuration accordingly.

The whoops part was that we intended to move
com.lucidera.jdbc.LucidDbRmiDriver to org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbRmiDriver.
  And in fact the new class is there in the source tree, but it is not
being bundled into LucidDbClient.jar due to a bug in the build.

So...if you are using RMI, keep using the LucidDbClient.jar from 0.9.2
(and the old com.lucidera classname).  It should work fine against the
0.9.3 driver.

We'll rectify this for the next release.

http://issues.eigenbase.org/browse/LDB-223

Re: one little whoops for the release notes

kingfesen
John Sichi wrote
In 0.9.3, we completed the transition from
com.lucidera.jdbc.LucidDbHttpDriver to org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver.

The com.lucidera class is now gone, so when you start using the 0.9.3
JDBC driver, you'll need to adjust your classname configuration accordingly.

The whoops part was that we intended to move
com.lucidera.jdbc.LucidDbRmiDriver to org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbRmiDriver.
  And in fact the new class is there in the source tree, but it is not
being bundled into LucidDbClient.jar due to a bug in the build.

So...if you are using RMI, keep using the LucidDbClient.jar from 0.9.2
(and the old com.lucidera classname).  It should work fine against the
0.9.3 driver.

We'll rectify this for the next release.

http://issues.eigenbase.org/browse/LDB-223

yesterday in this post  i've explained my problem with jdbc connection...now i've found this discussion and after had downloaded luciddb-0.9.2 i've changed LucidDbClient.jar into luciddb plugins (i've also modified the class because i use RMI) but now the problem is connection refused.
[GRAVE: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: localhost; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]

Can you explain me a solution to solve my error that cause this problem?

Best Regards
Mauro

Re: one little whoops for the release notes

ngoodman
I'd suggest standardizing on LucidDB 0.9.3 (server and driver) and using the HTTP client.

Other than the fact that some old wiki/benchmark docs/scripts have the RMI information, is there a reason to use RMI?  ie, HTTP is now our primary JDBC communication protocol so unless you have a reason to use it, I'm betting life will be easier for you if you use HTTP.

If you can, take a standard, out of the box 0.9.3 installation and you can use the following
String url = "jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost:8034";
Class.forName("org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver").newInstance();
conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);

If you want to use RMI, you'll need to work with what JVS gave you (including the unfortunate omission from our jar process in 0.9.3).

Hope that helps!

Kind Regards,
Nick