Quantcast

multiple databases

Rahul Chopra
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how I create multiple databases. Or, does LucidDb only support one database?

Also, is there a concept of tablespaces, or specifying the location of individual tables within a database?

Regards,

Rahul

=
Las Vegas Barbie Suarez R.E.Search.
Las Vegas Barbie Suarez Will Find your next dream home in Las Vegas.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=5fbacc240175b3c96f1fe631af88d39c

--
Powered by Outblaze

Re: multiple databases

Zelaine Fong-3
Rahul Chopra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to figure out how I create multiple databases. Or, does LucidDb only support one database?

By multiple databases, do you mean multiple db.dat files?  If so, then
LucidDB does not support this.  You can always create multiple schemas,
but all data is stored in the same db.dat file.

> Also, is there a concept of tablespaces, or specifying the location of individual tables within a database?

Currently, LucidDB does not support tablespaces.  It may, in the future.

-- Zelaine

Re: multiple databases

Rahul Chopra
Hi Zelaine,

> Rahul Chopra wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to figure out how I create multiple databases. Or,
> > does LucidDb only support one database?
>
> By multiple databases, do you mean multiple db.dat files?  If so,
> then LucidDB does not support this.  You can always create multiple
> schemas, but all data is stored in the same db.dat file.

Yes, I meant that, where you can have multiple databases, also in separate files for backing up and keeping different data separate. This also makes it easier to move individual databases to a different server. I suppose one could have a separate LucidDB instance run on a separate port.

> > Also, is there a concept of tablespaces, or specifying the
> > location of individual tables within a database?
>
> Currently, LucidDB does not support tablespaces.  It may, in the future.
>
> -- Zelaine

-- Rahul

=
Guaranteed Forex Mentoring-Coaching
1-On-1 Forex Mentor Guarantees Your $uccess in Writing. Earn & Learn.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=c4d7ba49037eb5726bfe217c84e16459