Quantcast

load .sql data file

kingfesen
Hi all, i've a problem...I have to create and populate a database for testing tpch. At the moment i've just installed luciddb (it work's...)

Now I have to create and populate the database by importing the data into files. sql; i'm running on linux machine without grafical interface, some can help me ho to load this using command line interface?

I've also read the official wiki but I do not understand how I do....please can yuo help how can i do???

regards!

Re: load .sql data file

Use the instructions here:

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch

JVS

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:30 AM, kingfesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all, i've a problem...I have to create and populate a database for testing
> tpch. At the moment i've just installed luciddb (it work's...)
>
> Now I have to create and populate the database by importing the data into
> files. sql; i'm running on linux machine without grafical interface, some
> can help me ho to load this using command line interface?
>
> I've also read the official wiki but I do not understand how I do....please
> can yuo help how can i do???
>
> regards!

Re: load .sql data file

kingfesen
John Sichi wrote

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:30 AM, kingfesen <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all, i've a problem...I have to create and populate a database for testing
> tpch. At the moment i've just installed luciddb (it work's...)
>
> Now I have to create and populate the database by importing the data into
> files. sql; i'm running on linux machine without grafical interface, some
> can help me ho to load this using command line interface?
>
> I've also read the official wiki but I do not understand how I do....please
> can yuo help how can i do???
>
> regards!

Thanks for the guide, but I'm missing something.
how to upload files tpch I already have and that I used for my dissertation?

To try to make you better explain this example: I in the other database (monetdb, mysql and firebird) that I analyzed to create and populate the database I was using a "command " and here I can not understand how to create and populate this database with my data .

examples:

firebird: isql -i ~/createdatabase.sql   ~/database /tpch.fdb   -u<username> -p <password>
           isql -i ~/nation.sql    ~/database /tpch.fdb (load time) -u<username> -p <password>

monetdb: mclient -lsql --database=tpch < ~/createdatabase.sql
              mclient -lsql --database=tpch < ~/nation.sql

mysql: mysql -u <username> -p tpch < ~/createdatabase.sql
         mysql -u <username> -p tpch < ~/nation.sql

into create createdatabase.sql there are the standard sql statements to create the database tables
into nation.sql there are data to populate the table

In luciddb this procedure is possible?? if it possible how? if it not possible how?

Thanks and regards
Mauro

Re: load .sql data file

LucidDB uses sqllineClient for running .sql files.

You should work through the getting started and ETL guides first to
get comfortable with it:

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbGettingStarted
http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbEtlTutorial

JVS

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM, kingfesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> John Sichi wrote:
>>
>> Use the instructions here:
>>
>> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch
>>
>> JVS
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:30 AM, kingfesen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all, i've a problem...I have to create and populate a database for
>>> testing
>>> tpch. At the moment i've just installed luciddb (it work's...)
>>>
>>> Now I have to create and populate the database by importing the data into
>>> files. sql; i'm running on linux machine without grafical interface, some
>>> can help me ho to load this using command line interface?
>>>
>>> I've also read the official wiki but I do not understand how I
>>> do....please
>>> can yuo help how can i do???
>>>
>>> regards!
>>> --

> Thanks for the guide, but I'm missing something.
> how to upload files tpch I already have and that I used for my dissertation?
>
> To try to make you better explain this example: I in the other database
> (monetdb, mysql and firebird) that I analyzed to create and populate the
> database I was using a "command " and here I can not understand how to
> create and populate this database with my data .
>
> examples:
>
> firebird: isql -i ~/createdatabase.sql   ~/database /tpch.fdb   -u<username>
> -p <password>
>           isql -i ~/nation.sql    ~/database /tpch.fdb (load time)
> -u<username> -p <password>
>
> monetdb: mclient -lsql --database=tpch < ~/createdatabase.sql
>              mclient -lsql --database=tpch < ~/nation.sql
>
> mysql: mysql -u <username> -p tpch < ~/createdatabase.sql
>         mysql -u <username> -p tpch < ~/nation.sql
>
> into create createdatabase.sql there are the standard sql statements to
> create the database tables
> into nation.sql there are data to populate the table
>
> In luciddb this procedure is possible?? if it possible how? if it not
> possible how?
>

> Thanks and regards
> Mauro

Re: load .sql data file

kingfesen
John Sichi wrote

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM, kingfesen <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Sichi wrote:
>>
>> Use the instructions here:
>>
>> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch
>>
>> JVS
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 6:30 AM, kingfesen <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all, i've a problem...I have to create and populate a database for
>>> testing
>>> tpch. At the moment i've just installed luciddb (it work's...)
>>>
>>> Now I have to create and populate the database by importing the data into
>>> files. sql; i'm running on linux machine without grafical interface, some
>>> can help me ho to load this using command line interface?
>>>
>>> I've also read the official wiki but I do not understand how I
>>> do....please
>>> can yuo help how can i do???
>>>
>>> regards!
>>> --

> Thanks for the guide, but I'm missing something.
> how to upload files tpch I already have and that I used for my dissertation?
>
> To try to make you better explain this example: I in the other database
> (monetdb, mysql and firebird) that I analyzed to create and populate the
> database I was using a "command " and here I can not understand how to
> create and populate this database with my data .
>
> examples:
>
> firebird: isql -i ~/createdatabase.sql   ~/database /tpch.fdb   -u<username>
> -p <password>
>           isql -i ~/nation.sql    ~/database /tpch.fdb (load time)
> -u<username> -p <password>
>
> monetdb: mclient -lsql --database=tpch < ~/createdatabase.sql
>              mclient -lsql --database=tpch < ~/nation.sql
>
> mysql: mysql -u <username> -p tpch < ~/createdatabase.sql
>         mysql -u <username> -p tpch < ~/nation.sql
>
> into create createdatabase.sql there are the standard sql statements to
> create the database tables
> into nation.sql there are data to populate the table
>
> In luciddb this procedure is possible?? if it possible how? if it not
> possible how?
>

> Thanks and regards
> Mauro

sorry john, i've again a problem... i've downloaded a full tpch.tar.gz from link and i've use(by command !run ~/create_table.sql) and create_table.sql (adding a line for create a schema),create_index.sql, but now i've not understand how load data (my file have .tbl extension for example nation.tbl) into a schema.  i must to create a file.sql where there are istruction to load data (example insert into tpch.nation * from nation.tbl) or i must create a file wrapper if the second mode is correct how i create this??

sorry again
best regards
Mauro

Re: load .sql data file

ngoodman

On Feb 23, 2011, at 9:51 AM, kingfesen wrote:

> sorry john, i've again a problem... i've downloaded a full tpch.tar.gz from
> link and i've use(by command !run ~/create_table.sql) and create_table.sql
> (adding a line for create a schema),create_index.sql, but now i've not
> understand how load data (my file have .tbl extension for example
> nation.tbl) into a schema.  i must to create a file.sql where there are
> istruction to load data (example insert into tpch.nation * from nation.tbl)
> or i must create a file wrapper if the second mode is correct how i create
> this??

It is the second - however, you're in luck.  We run the TPCH as a test in our suite so we already have DDL/Load scripts.  You can find it in our source tree at
//open/dev/luciddb/test/sql/tpch

You can get all the scripts from GitHub (a read only replica) here:
https://github.com/eigenbase/luciddb/tree/master/test/sql/tpch

Hope that helps!

Re: load .sql data file

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM, kingfesen <[hidden email]> wrote:
> sorry john, i've again a problem... i've downloaded a full tpch.tar.gz from
> link and i've use(by command !run ~/create_table.sql) and create_table.sql
> (adding a line for create a schema),create_index.sql, but now i've not
> understand how load data (my file have .tbl extension for example
> nation.tbl) into a schema.  i must to create a file.sql where there are
> istruction to load data (example insert into tpch.nation * from nation.tbl)
> or i must create a file wrapper if the second mode is correct how i create
> this??

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch#LucidDB_Data_Load

The script it is referring to is part of the LucidDB source
distribution, under luciddb/test/sql/tpch.

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM, kingfesen <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry john, i've again a problem... i've downloaded a full tpch.tar.gz from
> link and i've use(by command !run ~/create_table.sql) and create_table.sql
> (adding a line for create a schema),create_index.sql, but now i've not
> understand how load data (my file have .tbl extension for example
> nation.tbl) into a schema.  i must to create a file.sql where there are
> istruction to load data (example insert into tpch.nation * from nation.tbl)
> or i must create a file wrapper if the second mode is correct how i create
> this??

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch#LucidDB_Data_Load

The script it is referring to is part of the LucidDB source
distribution, under luciddb/test/sql/tpch.

https://github.com/eigenbase/luciddb/tree/master/test/sql/tpch

i hope this is the last problem message...this database is hostile for me (or i'm stupid maybe this second one). I've read the guide, downloaded the tpch.tar.gz file but after i have run init.sql, create_table.sql and load_tables.sql i've this error...

1/9 insert into tpch.partsupp select * from tpch."partsupp";
error: from line 1, to colum 25: Number of insert target columns (5) does not equal number of soucre intems (6) (state=,code0).

Where is my mistake? i've add a file code so it more easy correct my errors!
init.sql
create_tables.sql
load_tables.sql

Thanks you so much for your patience!!!
Regards

Re: load .sql data file

Your partsupp file is getting interpreted as having 6 columns when it
is only supposed to have 5.  This line in createdbMultiProcess removes
the trailing separators from the rows; maybe you didn't run it.

    cat $i | sed -e 's/.$//g' > ./dataMultiProcess/$datadir/$i

I think we found out that you can turn on lenient mode for the
flatfile reader to avoid having to do this munging, but I don't
remember fo rsure.

JVS

"Unix is user friendly; it's just choosy about its friends."

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 3:29 AM, kingfesen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> John Sichi wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM, kingfesen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> sorry john, i've again a problem... i've downloaded a full tpch.tar.gz
>>> from
>>> link and i've use(by command !run ~/create_table.sql) and
>>> create_table.sql
>>> (adding a line for create a schema),create_index.sql, but now i've not
>>> understand how load data (my file have .tbl extension for example
>>> nation.tbl) into a schema.  i must to create a file.sql where there are
>>> istruction to load data (example insert into tpch.nation * from
>>> nation.tbl)
>>> or i must create a file wrapper if the second mode is correct how i
>>> create
>>> this??
>>
>> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch#LucidDB_Data_Load
>>
>> The script it is referring to is part of the LucidDB source
>> distribution, under luciddb/test/sql/tpch.
>>
>> https://github.com/eigenbase/luciddb/tree/master/test/sql/tpch
>>
>> JVS

>> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
>> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT
>> data
>> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,
>> virtual
>> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business
>> insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev
>>

> i hope this is the last problem message...this database is hostile for me
> (or i'm stupid maybe this second one). I've read the guide, downloaded the
> tpch.tar.gz file but after i have run init.sql, create_table.sql and
> load_tables.sql i've this error...
>
> 1/9 insert into tpch.partsupp select * from tpch."partsupp";
> error: from line 1, to colum 25: Number of insert target columns (5) does
> not equal number of soucre intems (6) (state=,code0).
>
> Where is my mistake? i've add a file code so it more easy correct my errors!
> http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6064176/init.sql init.sql
> http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6064176/create_tables.sql
> create_tables.sql
> http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6064176/load_tables.sql
> load_tables.sql
>
> Thanks you so much for your patience!!!
> Regards

Re: load .sql data file

kingfesen
John Sichi wrote

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 3:29 AM, kingfesen <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com> wrote:

> John Sichi wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 9:51 AM, kingfesen <mauro.fagnoni@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> sorry john, i've again a problem... i've downloaded a full tpch.tar.gz
>>> from
>>> link and i've use(by command !run ~/create_table.sql) and
>>> create_table.sql
>>> (adding a line for create a schema),create_index.sql, but now i've not
>>> understand how load data (my file have .tbl extension for example
>>> nation.tbl) into a schema.  i must to create a file.sql where there are
>>> istruction to load data (example insert into tpch.nation * from
>>> nation.tbl)
>>> or i must create a file wrapper if the second mode is correct how i
>>> create
>>> this??
>>
>> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbTpch#LucidDB_Data_Load
>>
>> The script it is referring to is part of the LucidDB source
>> distribution, under luciddb/test/sql/tpch.
>>
>> https://github.com/eigenbase/luciddb/tree/master/test/sql/tpch
>>
>> JVS

>> Free Software Download: Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in
>> Real-Time with Splunk. Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT
>> data
>> generated by your applications, servers and devices whether physical,
>> virtual
>> or in the cloud. Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business
>> insights. http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev
>>

> i hope this is the last problem message...this database is hostile for me
> (or i'm stupid maybe this second one). I've read the guide, downloaded the
> tpch.tar.gz file but after i have run init.sql, create_table.sql and
> load_tables.sql i've this error...
>
> 1/9 insert into tpch.partsupp select * from tpch."partsupp";
> error: from line 1, to colum 25: Number of insert target columns (5) does
> not equal number of soucre intems (6) (state=,code0).
>
> Where is my mistake? i've add a file code so it more easy correct my errors!
> http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6064176/init.sql init.sql
> http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6064176/create_tables.sql
> create_tables.sql
> http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6064176/load_tables.sql
> load_tables.sql
>
> Thanks you so much for your patience!!!
> Regards

finally the data is loaded! Now I have some questions about how to connect via jdbc to my connect.java. the database does not answer me what did I do wrong?

import java.sql.*;
import java.io.*;

public class connect {
        Connection conn = null;
        try {

        String url = "jdbc:luciddb://localhost:5434";

        Class.forName("org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver").newInstance();
        conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);

        System.out.println("Connesso al database!!!\n");
        conn.close();
        } catch (Exception e) {
        }
    }
}

i've set jdbc driver into my classpath (CLASSPATH:=~/luciddb-0.9.3/plugin/LucidDbClientDriver.jar)

i've to set a schema? what is wrong?if I can establish a connection then I can run tests on query tpch

Regards