Quantcast

init.d scripts

Tom Barber

Continuing the thread that was started the other month, does anyone have any type of solution to this, I'd really loathe to have to explain to my boss how to start a screen session and then start lucid, that would be a recipe for disaster. I'd rather him just cycle the box or something if it happened to die.

Cheers

Tom

Re: init.d scripts

[hidden email] wrote:
> Continuing the thread that was started the other month, does anyone have
> any type of solution to this, I'd really loathe to have to explain to my
> boss how to start a screen session and then start lucid, that would be a
> recipe for disaster. I'd rather him just cycle the box or something if
> it happened to die.

Come on, you know you want to be a hero by writing the init.d script
yourself and contributing it to the project :)

Re: init.d scripts

Tom Barber
Try that again this time to the list:

Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server complained because it didn't get a console.

I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.

Tom

On Tue 8/12/09 8:26 AM , "John V. Sichi" [hidden email] sent:

[hidden email] wrote:
> Try that again this time to the list:
>
> Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server
> complained because it didn't get a console.
>
> I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.

It may be necessary to add a command-line parameter to prevent LucidDB
from accessing System.in/out.

Re: init.d scripts

Tom Barber
Right after a morning googling and hacking here's what I've come up with:

http://www.clapper.org/software/daemonize/

Very simple but at least I can start the server as a daemon.

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english

I'd rather use this but it forces you to set the java.library.path and lucid freaks out...

jvm 1    | WrapperSimpleApp: Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no farrago in java.library.path

So is it possible to set the lib path without lucid getting upset?

Cheers

Tom

On Tue 8/12/09 8:30 AM , "John V. Sichi" [hidden email] sent:
> Try that again this time to the list:
>
> Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server
> complained because it didn't get a console.
>
> I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.

It may be necessary to add a command-line parameter to prevent LucidDB
from accessing System.in/out.

Re: init.d scripts

Tom Barber
Ah my bad, I'd missed the plugins directory

Cool, Lucid as a service \o/

On Tue 8/12/09 8:30 AM , "John V. Sichi" [hidden email] sent:
> Try that again this time to the list:
>
> Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server
> complained because it didn't get a console.
>
> I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.

It may be necessary to add a command-line parameter to prevent LucidDB
from accessing System.in/out.

Re: init.d scripts

Nice work, Tom!

JVS

[hidden email] wrote:

> Ah my bad, I'd missed the plugins directory
>
> Cool, Lucid as a service \o/
>

> On Tue 8/12/09 8:30 AM , "John V. Sichi" [hidden email] sent:
>
>     [hidden email]
>     <javascript:top.opencompose('[hidden email]','','','')> wrote:
>     >  Try that again this time to the list:
>     >
>     >  Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server
>     >  complained because it didn't get a console.
>     >
>     >  I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.
>
>     It may be necessary to add a command-line parameter to prevent LucidDB
>     from accessing System.in/out.
>
>     JVS

Re: init.d scripts

Pedro Alves-2
On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:55:01AM -0800, John V. Sichi wrote:
> Nice work, Tom!

What work? Where is it? I can't see it! :p

-pedro

> JVS
>
> [hidden email] wrote:
> > Ah my bad, I'd missed the plugins directory
> >
> > Cool, Lucid as a service \o/
> >

> > On Tue 8/12/09 8:30 AM , "John V. Sichi" [hidden email] sent:
> >
> >     [hidden email]
> >     <javascript:top.opencompose('[hidden email]','','','')> wrote:
> >     >  Try that again this time to the list:
> >     >
> >     >  Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server
> >     >  complained because it didn't get a console.
> >     >
> >     >  I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.
> >
> >     It may be necessary to add a command-line parameter to prevent LucidDB
> >     from accessing System.in/out.
> >
> >     JVS

Pedro Alves
pmgalves-at-gmail.com

Re: init.d scripts

Tom Barber
Lol, I shall post my config for Java Service Wrapper and my init.d offerings tomorrow.

Tom

On Tue 8/12/09 6:08 PM , Pedro Alves [hidden email] sent:
On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:55:01AM -0800, John V. Sichi wrote:
> Nice work, Tom!

What work? Where is it? I can't see it! :p

-pedro

> JVS

> > Ah my bad, I'd missed the plugins directory
> >
> > Cool, Lucid as a service \o/
> >

> > On Tue 8/12/09 8:30 AM , "John V. Sichi" <a href="javascript:top.opencompose('jsichi@gmail.com','','','')">jsichi@... sent:

> > wrote:
> > > Try that again this time to the list:
> > >
> > > Well I tried messing around with it a while ago, but the lucid server
> > > complained because it didn't get a console.
> > >
> > > I shall investigate again and see what I come up with.
> >
> > It may be necessary to add a command-line parameter to prevent LucidDB
> > from accessing System.in/out.
> >
> > JVS

Pedro Alves
pmgalves-at-gmail.com