init.d scripts

Rhys Keepence
Hi all,

We'd like the ability to cleanly start and stop luciddb automatically on server startup. I noticed init.d scripts mentioned in FRG-381. Are there any firm plans for these scripts to be part of a release? Are there alternatives to cleanly shutting down luciddb that I can script?

Thanks,
Rhys

Re: init.d scripts

Rhys Keepence wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We'd like the ability to cleanly start and stop luciddb automatically on
> server startup. I noticed init.d scripts mentioned in FRG-381. Are there
> any firm plans for these scripts to be part of a release? Are there
> alternatives to cleanly shutting down luciddb that I can script?

Nick probably has the best idea about the timing for this.  Guidance
from anyone with expertise in packaging for various Linux distros is
very welcome.

(For Windows, one of the existing Java RunAsService helpers may be good
enough already.)