i am trying to turn off autocommit from the luciddb engine

i am trying to turn off autocommit from the luciddb engine

mktmjn
Is there a way to turn off autocommit from the luciddb engine. I tried to turn it off with the !autocommit off but get the error Transactions not supported. I need to turn if off from the engine so I can issue a request via java whcih always issues a commit_work.
Thank you.

Re: i am trying to turn off autocommit from the luciddb engine

LucidDB only supports autocommit mode.  What application are you
using?  If it's not updating data, it shouldn't even need to deal with
transactions at all, but some misbehaving applications do so.  Since
I've heard this same problem coming up in other contexts (e.g.
combining the pg2luciddb bridge with Tableau), I guess we could put in
a compatibility mode for misbehaving apps (maybe enabled via a JDBC
connect string parameter).

JVS

mktmjn
John, that would be great when can i get the fix/setting?

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM, mktmjn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> John, that would be great when can i get the fix/setting?

Could you tell me what the application is and how it can be tested?
Before adding a compatibility mode to LucidDB, I'd like to make sure
we can test it to make sure it solves the problem.

If the application is open source, we would also like to make sure the
application itself gets fixed as well.  If it's closed source, at
least they should be notified that their behavior is incorrect.

John, i am using a BI product WebFOCUS and connecting via java. Some of our customers are looking at Luciddb and I want to make sure they can connect and run queries. I can test whatever fix you supply me.
Thank you in advance.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:25 AM, mktmjn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> John, i am using a BI product WebFOCUS and connecting via java. Some of our
> customers are looking at Luciddb and I want to make sure they can connect
> and run queries. I can test whatever fix you supply me.
> Thank you in advance.

First, could you take a look at these (which I found by searching) and
explain exactly why WebFocus is trying to commit?

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/solutions/40302507.html
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/solutions/32062528.html

If it's after a query, it shouldn't be doing that.

If it's after a load, is someone really trying to load data via
WebFocus?  With LucidDB, that's likely to have very bad performance
since I doubt they have a custom loader for it (and if they did, it
wouldn't be trying to call commit).