compile in winodws

123

compile in winodws

Hao Loi

I follow the windowsbuildsetup instruction and got the following errors:

sh-3.2$ ./initBuild.sh --with-fennel
./initBuild.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found
./initBuild.sh: line 25: $'\r': command not found
./initBuild.sh: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r''
'/initBuild.sh: line 26: `usage() {

I tried to compile both in cygwin and gnuwin32.  Both got the same errors.
Is there a more comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to compile the whole
package in Windows?

I am confused about step 2 asks me to make a home directory and then step 5
ask me delete the home directory.

Also, how do you set up Java path in Cygwin if my java path is:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18

I am new to Cygwin.  I think that is my problem.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hao

Re: compile in winodws

It looks like the initBuild.sh script is failing because it contains
CRLF for line endings instead of just LF (cygwin bash doesn't like
CRLF).  In your Perforce client, did you set the LineEnd attribute to
"share" instead of "local", and CYGWIN=binmode in your environment?

See step 9 in

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/WindowsBuildSetup

Step 5 tells you to delete the home directory (after moving stuff out in
step 4) because in step 6, you will replace it with a symlink to the new
location.

For Java, follow the /usr/java/j2sdk example in the instructions, and
avoid spaces in all of your path names.

If you have any choice in the matter, use Linux or MacOS instead of
Windows for LucidDB builds.

JVS

Hao Loi wrote:

> I follow the windowsbuildsetup instruction and got the following errors:
>
> sh-3.2$ ./initBuild.sh --with-fennel
> ./initBuild.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found
> ./initBuild.sh: line 25: $'\r': command not found
> ./initBuild.sh: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r''
> '/initBuild.sh: line 26: `usage() {
>
> I tried to compile both in cygwin and gnuwin32.  Both got the same errors.
> Is there a more comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to compile the whole
> package in Windows?
>
> I am confused about step 2 asks me to make a home directory and then step 5
> ask me delete the home directory.
>
> Also, how do you set up Java path in Cygwin if my java path is:
>
> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18
>
> I am new to Cygwin.  I think that is my problem.  Any help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Hao
>
> --
> Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)

Re: compile in winodws

Hao Loi
Hi, could you please me what is the following error means?

# Unpack thirdparty components
cd ../thirdparty
make fennel
rm -rf STLport-5.1.6 stlport
tar xjf STLport-5.1.6.tar.bz2
mv STLport-5.1.6 stlport
touch stlport
unset P4CONFIG; patch -p 1 -d stlport < STLport-fennel.patch
patching file stlport/stl/debug/_string.h
Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
make: *** [stlport] Error 3

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:36:00 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote

> It looks like the initBuild.sh script is failing because it contains
> CRLF for line endings instead of just LF (cygwin bash doesn't like
> CRLF).  In your Perforce client, did you set the LineEnd attribute
> to "share" instead of "local", and CYGWIN=binmode in your environment?
>
> See step 9 in
>
> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/WindowsBuildSetup
>
> Step 5 tells you to delete the home directory (after moving stuff
> out in step 4) because in step 6, you will replace it with a symlink
> to the new location.
>
> For Java, follow the /usr/java/j2sdk example in the instructions,
>  and avoid spaces in all of your path names.
>
> If you have any choice in the matter, use Linux or MacOS instead of
> Windows for LucidDB builds.
>
> JVS
>
> Hao Loi wrote:
> > I follow the windowsbuildsetup instruction and got the following errors:
> >
> > sh-3.2$ ./initBuild.sh --with-fennel
> > ./initBuild.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found
> > ./initBuild.sh: line 25: $'\r': command not found
> > ./initBuild.sh: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r''
> > '/initBuild.sh: line 26: `usage() {
> >
> > I tried to compile both in cygwin and gnuwin32.  Both got the same
errors.
> > Is there a more comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to compile the
whole
> > package in Windows?
> >
> > I am confused about step 2 asks me to make a home directory and then step
5

> > ask me delete the home directory.
> >
> > Also, how do you set up Java path in Cygwin if my java path is:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18
> >
> > I am new to Cygwin.  I think that is my problem.  Any help is greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Hao
> >
> > --
> > Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)

Re: compile in winodws

Hao Loi
Hi, I figure out the last error by change my link to
ln -s /cygdrive/d/home/jvs/dev /home/jvs/dev

But now I got the following error:

cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/config.h
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/home/jvs/dev/fennel/config.h
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/config.h: done.
C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/build/defineVariables.sh: done.
C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/fennelenv.sh: done.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel
find . -name '*.cpp.obj'
File not found - *.cpp.obj
rm: missing operand
Try `rm --help' for more information.
bash-3.2$

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:36:00 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote

> It looks like the initBuild.sh script is failing because it contains
> CRLF for line endings instead of just LF (cygwin bash doesn't like
> CRLF).  In your Perforce client, did you set the LineEnd attribute
> to "share" instead of "local", and CYGWIN=binmode in your environment?
>
> See step 9 in
>
> http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/WindowsBuildSetup
>
> Step 5 tells you to delete the home directory (after moving stuff
> out in step 4) because in step 6, you will replace it with a symlink
> to the new location.
>
> For Java, follow the /usr/java/j2sdk example in the instructions,
>  and avoid spaces in all of your path names.
>
> If you have any choice in the matter, use Linux or MacOS instead of
> Windows for LucidDB builds.
>
> JVS
>
> Hao Loi wrote:
> > I follow the windowsbuildsetup instruction and got the following errors:
> >
> > sh-3.2$ ./initBuild.sh --with-fennel
> > ./initBuild.sh: line 22: $'\r': command not found
> > ./initBuild.sh: line 25: $'\r': command not found
> > ./initBuild.sh: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `$'{\r''
> > '/initBuild.sh: line 26: `usage() {
> >
> > I tried to compile both in cygwin and gnuwin32.  Both got the same
errors.
> > Is there a more comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to compile the
whole
> > package in Windows?
> >
> > I am confused about step 2 asks me to make a home directory and then step
5

> > ask me delete the home directory.
> >
> > Also, how do you set up Java path in Cygwin if my java path is:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_18
> >
> > I am new to Cygwin.  I think that is my problem.  Any help is greatly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Hao
> >
> > --
> > Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
I forgot to include errors before the cygwin warning:

-- CTest cannot determine repository type. Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs'
or 's
vn'. CTest update will not work.
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - not found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - done
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SCHED_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SCHED_H - not found.
-- Looking for mmap
-- Looking for mmap - not found
-- Looking for mprotect
-- Looking for mprotect - not found
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/config.h
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/home/jvs/dev/fennel/config.h
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/config.h: done.
C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/build/defineVariables.sh: done.
C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel/fennelenv.sh: done.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/home/jvs/dev/fennel
find . -name '*.cpp.obj'
File not found - *.cpp.obj
rm: missing operand
Try `rm --help' for more information.
bash-3.2$

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:28:26 -0500, Hao Loi wrote

> Hi, could you please me what is the following error means?
>
> # Unpack thirdparty components
> cd ../thirdparty
> make fennel
> rm -rf STLport-5.1.6 stlport
> tar xjf STLport-5.1.6.tar.bz2
> mv STLport-5.1.6 stlport
> touch stlport
> unset P4CONFIG; patch -p 1 -d stlport < STLport-fennel.patch
> patching file stlport/stl/debug/_string.h
> Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

Hao Loi wrote:
> find . -name '*.cpp.obj'
> File not found - *.cpp.obj
> rm: missing operand
> Try `rm --help' for more information.
> bash-3.2$

It looks like you are picking up the DOS find command instead of the
Cygwin find program.

Check your PATH as described here to make sure that Cygwin comes first:

http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-effectively.html

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
what about the files that are not found such as types.h, stdint.h, stddef.h,
etc.?

VC/bin/cl.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- CTest cannot determine repository type. Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs'
or 's
vn'. CTest update will not work.
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
-- Looking for sys/types.h
-- Looking for sys/types.h - found
-- Looking for stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h - not found
-- Looking for stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h - found
-- Check size of unsigned short
-- Check size of unsigned short - done
-- Using unsigned short
-- Check if the system is big endian - little endian
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SCHED_H
-- Looking for include files HAVE_SCHED_H - not found.
-- Looking for mmap
-- Looking for mmap - not found
-- Looking for mprotect
-- Looking for mprotect - not found

I also having the trouble with the vc compiler.  I first use the visual
studio 9 c++ and I got an error.  I switch back to visual studio 8 but I
still get the visual studio 9 C++ error.  Please see below.

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

msvc.mak(14) : fatal error U1050: 'vc9' not supported by this make file,
please
rerun 'configure' script and follow instructions.
Stop.

Where is 'configure' script.

I am really appreciate for your help.  Thanks.

Hao

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:34:59 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote

Hao Loi wrote:
> what about the files that are not found such as types.h, stdint.h, stddef.h,
> etc.?

The "not found" is just CMake telling what it found; different header
files exist on different platforms, so it's not an error unless it stops.

> -- Looking for sys/types.h
> -- Looking for sys/types.h - found
> -- Looking for stdint.h
> -- Looking for stdint.h - not found

> I also having the trouble with the vc compiler.  I first use the visual
> studio 9 c++ and I got an error.  I switch back to visual studio 8 but I
> still get the visual studio 9 C++ error.  Please see below.

I would suggest starting from a completely clean sandbox to avoid any
junk from previous failed attempts.  Also, note that if you're using the
latest code from //open/dev in Perforce, you're going to hit some
compile errors recently introduced on Windows (we're currently fixing
those).  If you're working from the 0.9.2 source tarball, you should be
fine.

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
Hi, I re-download a new copy of the dev suites for Luciddb and still getting
the following errors.  I am using Visual studio 2008 express edition.  I
think the error is referring to the for following lines:

    echo COMPILER_NAME=vc9 > ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo SELECTED_COMPILER=msvc >> ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo SELECTED_COMPILER_VERSION=90 >>

and then

msvc.mak(14) : fatal error U1050: 'vc9' not supported by this make file,

how to do I run configure script again as recommended in the following line?

rerun 'configure' script and follow instructions.  <=== ???

cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/home/jvs/fennel/config.h
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/home/jvs/fennel/config.h
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
C:/home/jvs/fennel/config.h: done.
C:/home/jvs/fennel/build/defineVariables.sh: done.
C:/home/jvs/fennel/fennelenv.sh: done.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: C:/home/jvs/fennel
find . -name '*.cpp.obj'

# Build thirdparty libraries required by Fennel
if $build_thirdparty ; then
    cd build
    ./buildStlportLibs.sh
    ./buildBoostLibs.sh
    if [ $ICU_FLAG == "--with-icu" ] ; then
        ./buildICULibs.sh
    fi
    cd ..
fi

GCC_VER=`g   --version | head -n 1 | cut -f 3 -d ' '`
g   --version | head -n 1 | cut -f 3 -d ' '
./buildStlportLibs.sh: line 9: g  : command not found
STLPORT_DIR=${STLPORT_LOCATION}

TARGET_LIST="clean install-stldbg-shared install-release-shared"
cd ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/lib
if test "${TARGET_OS}" = "win32"
then
    echo COMPILER_NAME=vc9 > ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo SELECTED_COMPILER=msvc >> ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo SELECTED_COMPILER_VERSION=90 >>
${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.m
ak
    echo TARGET_OS=x86 >> ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo "#define _STLP_STATIC_CONST_INIT_BUG 1" >
${STLPORT_DIR}/stlport/stl/co
nfig/user_config.h
    nmake SHELL=/bin/bash TARGET_OS=x86 /fmsvc.mak ${TARGET_LIST}
else
    if test "${TARGET_OS}" = "darwin"
    then
       echo "#define _STLP_NATIVE_INCLUDE_PATH /usr/include/c  /${GCC_VER}" >
${
STLPORT_DIR}/stlport/stl/config/user_config.h
    fi
    make SHELL=/bin/bash -f gcc.mak ${TARGET_LIST}
fi

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

msvc.mak(14) : fatal error U1050: 'vc9' not supported by this make file,
please
rerun 'configure' script and follow instructions.
Stop.
bash-3.2$

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:19:42 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote

Hao Loi wrote:

> Hi, I re-download a new copy of the dev suites for Luciddb and still getting
> the following errors.  I am using Visual studio 2008 express edition.  I
> think the error is referring to the for following lines:
>
>     echo COMPILER_NAME=vc9 > ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
>     echo SELECTED_COMPILER=msvc >> ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
>     echo SELECTED_COMPILER_VERSION=90 >>
>
> and then
>
> msvc.mak(14) : fatal error U1050: 'vc9' not supported by this make file,

I believe this problem has to do with the fact that the "patch" command
failed for you earlier:

 > patching file stlport/stl/debug/_string.h
 > Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

The failed patch means you didn't pick up
thirdparty/stlport-msvc9-r3503.patch, which is what allows the vc9
compiler settings to be used with MSVC 2008.

You'll need to find out why the patch command is failing for you,
because the Fennel build relies on the correct patches being applied to
Boost and STLport.

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
Hi, I couldn't figure out why the it didn't pick up the patch.  I found the
file stlport-msvc9-r3503.patch in c:\home\jvs\thirtyparty directory.  Do you
have any other suggestion?  I am new to cygwin so it could be something real
simple that I am overlooked.

Thanks.

Hao

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:06:50 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote
> Hao Loi wrote:
> > Hi, I re-download a new copy of the dev suites for Luciddb and still
getting
> > the following errors.  I am using Visual studio 2008 express edition.  I
> > think the error is referring to the for following lines:
> >
> >     echo COMPILER_NAME=vc9 > ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
> >     echo SELECTED_COMPILER=msvc >>
${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak

> >     echo SELECTED_COMPILER_VERSION=90 >>
> >
> > and then
> >
> > msvc.mak(14) : fatal error U1050: 'vc9' not supported by this make file,
>
> I believe this problem has to do with the fact that the "patch"
> command failed for you earlier:
>
>  > patching file stlport/stl/debug/_string.h
>  > Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354
>
> The failed patch means you didn't pick up
> thirdparty/stlport-msvc9-r3503.patch, which is what allows the vc9
> compiler settings to be used with MSVC 2008.
>
> You'll need to find out why the patch command is failing for you,
> because the Fennel build relies on the correct patches being applied
> to Boost and STLport.
>
> JVS

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

ngoodman
The .patch file is to be applied by a program called "patch".  In cygwin, if you type in "patch -v" from the command line what do you see?  If you see version information then we'll have to see why it's not applying the patch.

If you don't see version information (command not found) you'll need to install patch (via cygwin setup.exe)

Nick
On Feb 20, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Hao Loi wrote:

> Hi, I couldn't figure out why the it didn't pick up the patch.  I found the
> file stlport-msvc9-r3503.patch in c:\home\jvs\thirtyparty directory.  Do you
> have any other suggestion?  I am new to cygwin so it could be something real
> simple that I am overlooked.

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
I type in the command "patch -v" and it shows my version is 2.5.8 by Larry
Wall.  I copy all the directories from dev to c:\home\jvs.  I also uninstall
vc express and cmake and reinstall them in c:\msvc2008 and c:\cmake
resprectively.  I also add the path to the above directories.  I just don't
know where to look to find out why it's not applying the patch.  The
followings step are from the windowsbuildsetup tutorial:

1.  Install cygwin to c:\progfile\cygwin  (install all dev tools)
2.  download source code from perforce server and set lineend to share.
3.  copy all directories under dev to c:\home\jvs after download.
4.  add path to c:\msvc2008, c:\cmake, c:\progfile\cygwin.
5.  edit cygwin.bat to add c:\msvc2008\vc\bin\vcvars32.bat and set
cygwin=binmode.
6.  uninstall cmake from cygwin.
7.  delete mt.exe and link.exe from c:\progfile\cygwin\bin directory.
8.  set JAVA_HOME=c:\java\jdk6 (version 1.6.0_18)
9. create a directory c:\progfile\cygwin\usr\java\jdk6.
10.  Start up cygwin. (It shows it's using MS studio 2008 x86 tools)
11. set the link ln -s /cygdrive/c/home/jvs /home/jvs
12. export P4CONFIG=$(cygpath -w "/home/jvs/.p4env").
13. create a directory c:\progfile\cygwin\usr\java\jdk6.
14. set the link ln -s /cygdrive/c/java/jdk6 /usr/java/jdk6
13. cd to /home/jvs/farrago
14. run ./initBuild.sh --with-fennel.

I got the vc9 error.

I would really appreciated if you can tell me what I have done wrong.

Please help.

Hao

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:39:50 -0800, Nicholas Goodman wrote

Hao Loi wrote:
> I type in the command "patch -v" and it shows my version is 2.5.8 by Larry
> Wall.  I copy all the directories from dev to c:\home\jvs.  I also uninstall
> vc express and cmake and reinstall them in c:\msvc2008 and c:\cmake
> resprectively.  I also add the path to the above directories.  I just don't
> know where to look to find out why it's not applying the patch.  The
> followings step are from the windowsbuildsetup tutorial:

You have the correct version of patch (I'm using the same version in a
working Windows build environment).  You originally reported the problem
below:

 > unset P4CONFIG; patch -p 1 -d stlport < STLport-fennel.patch
 > patching file stlport/stl/debug/_string.h
 > Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

I googled for this assertion message and found a number of links like this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.roguelike.nethack/browse_thread/thread/9bf473f55c0073c9

So it looks like you still ended up with the wrong line endings for the
.patch file, and you'll need to correct that in order for the patch to
apply successfully.

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
I delete all the directories in my c:\home\jvs copy all the directories in
dev back.  I think it finished compiling.  Do I need to worry about the
following errors?  Not all errors are included due the the cygwin (dos)
buffer size.

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\test\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32\asynch-
ex
ceptions-on\stdlib-stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-
mul
ti\results_collector.obj.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mode
l-32/asynch-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32
/threading-multi/results_collector.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/async
h-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32/threading
-multi/results_reporter.obj
results_reporter.cpp
libs\test\src\results_reporter.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include
file: 'boost/test/impl/results_reporter.ipp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\test\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32\asynch-
ex
ceptions-on\stdlib-stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-
mul
ti\results_reporter.obj.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mode
l-32/asynch-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32
/threading-multi/results_reporter.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/async
h-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32/threading
-multi/test_tools.obj
test_tools.cpp
libs\test\src\test_tools.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file:
'boost/test/impl/test_tools.ipp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\test\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32\asynch-
ex
ceptions-on\stdlib-stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-
mul
ti\test_tools.obj.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mode
l-32/asynch-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32
/threading-multi/test_tools.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/async
h-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32/threading
-multi/unit_test_log.obj
unit_test_log.cpp
libs\test\src\unit_test_log.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
fil
e: 'boost/test/impl/unit_test_log.ipp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\test\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32\asynch-
ex
ceptions-on\stdlib-stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-
mul
ti\unit_test_log.obj.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mode
l-32/asynch-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32
/threading-multi/unit_test_log.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/async
h-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32/threading
-multi/unit_test_main.obj
unit_test_main.cpp
libs\test\src\unit_test_main.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
fi
le: 'boost/test/impl/unit_test_main.ipp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\test\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32\asynch-
ex
ceptions-on\stdlib-stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-
mul
ti\unit_test_main.obj.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mode
l-32/asynch-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32
/threading-multi/unit_test_main.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/test/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/async
h-exceptions-on/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-
win32/threading
-multi/unit_test_monitor.obj
unit_test_monitor.cpp
libs\test\src\unit_test_monitor.cpp(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include
 file: 'boost/test/impl/unit_test_monitor.ipp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\test\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32\asynch-
ex
ceptions-on\stdlib-stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-
mul
ti\unit_test_monitor.obj.rsp"

lib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/win32/thread
.obj
thread.cpp
libs\thread\src\win32\thread.cpp(10) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
fi
le: 'boost/thread/thread.hpp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\thread\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32
\stdlib-
stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-multi\win32
\thread.obj
.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mo
del-32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/wi
n32/thread.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/std
lib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/win32/except
ions.obj
exceptions.cpp
libs\thread\src\win32\exceptions.cpp(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include
 file: 'boost/thread/detail/config.hpp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\thread\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32
\stdlib-
stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-multi\win32
\exceptions
.obj.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mo
del-32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/wi
n32/exceptions.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/std
lib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/win32/tss_dl
l.obj
tss_dll.cpp
libs\thread\src\win32\tss_dll.cpp(6) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
fi
le: 'boost/thread/detail/config.hpp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\thread\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32
\stdlib-
stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-multi\win32
\tss_dll.ob
j.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mo
del-32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/wi
n32/tss_dll.obj...
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/std
lib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/win32/tss_pe
.obj
tss_pe.cpp
libs\thread\src\win32\tss_pe.cpp(10) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
fi
le: 'boost/thread/detail/config.hpp': No such file or directory

    cmd.exe /S /C call "C:\msvc2008\VC\vcvarsall.bat" x86 ">nul" "&&"
cl /Zm800
-nologo @"bin.v2\libs\thread\build\msvc-stlport\release\address-model-32
\stdlib-
stlport-5.1.6\target-os-windows\threadapi-win32\threading-multi\win32
\tss_pe.obj
.rsp"

...failed compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-
mo
del-32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/wi
n32/tss_pe.obj...
...skipped <pbin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/stdl
ib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi>boost_thread_
win32-mt-p.dll for lack of <pbin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-
stlport/release/addre
ss-model-32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
mul
ti>win32/thread.obj...
...skipped <pbin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-
32/stdl
ib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi>boost_thread_
win32-mt-p.lib for lack of <pbin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-
stlport/release/addre
ss-model-32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
mul
ti>win32/thread.obj...
...skipped <pC:/home/jvs/thirdparty/boost/lib>boost_thread_win32-mt-p.dll for
la
ck of <pbin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-32/stdlib-
st
lport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi>boost_thread_win32
-mt-p.dll...
...skipped <pC:/home/jvs/thirdparty/boost/lib>boost_thread_win32-mt-p.lib for
la
ck of <pbin.v2/libs/thread/build/msvc-stlport/release/address-model-32/stdlib-
st
lport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi>boost_thread_win32
-mt-p.lib...
...failed updating 132 targets...
...skipped 67 targets...
...updated 111 targets...
bash-3.2$

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:57:19 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote

Hao Loi wrote:
> I delete all the directories in my c:\home\jvs copy all the directories in
> dev back.  I think it finished compiling.  Do I need to worry about the
> following errors?  Not all errors are included due the the cygwin (dos)
> buffer size.

No, those are real errors which you need to track down if you want your
build to succeed.  Any chance you can use Linux instead?   It is MUCH
easier.

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
Linux is not an option for me right now.

I have attached two files.  The first one is the directories of the source
codes layout.  The second one is the compile/make outputs from the cygwin
screen.  The first fatal error is about not finding the config.hpp in boost
directory.

warning: Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
note: Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
note: this is a strictly optional feature.
...patience...
...patience...
...found 1578 targets...
...updating 200 targets...
common.mkdir C:/home
compile-c-c++ bin.v2/libs/regex/build/msvc-stlport/debug/address-model-
32/stdlib-stlport-5.1.6/target-os-windows/threadapi-win32/threading-
multi/c_regex_traits.obj
c_regex_traits.cpp
libs\regex\src\c_regex_traits.cpp(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'boost/config.hpp': No such file or directory

The directory file listed the config.hpp is located at

Directory of C:\home\jvs\thirdparty\boost\boost

Is that why the compiler couldn't find the config.hpp?  If so, how do I fix
that?

Please see attached files.

I am greatly appreciated for your help.

Hao

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:21:56 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote

initbuild.txt (196K) Download Attachment
homedir.txt (3M) Download Attachment

Hao Loi wrote:
> libs\regex\src\c_regex_traits.cpp(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'boost/config.hpp': No such file or directory
>
> The directory file listed the config.hpp is located at
>
> Directory of C:\home\jvs\thirdparty\boost\boost
>
> Is that why the compiler couldn't find the config.hpp?  If so, how do I fix
> that?

Sorry, I don't know why it's not finding config.hpp.  You'll need to try
to narrow it down by investigating the compilation command Boost's build
is issuing.

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

Hao Loi
Hi, I got my hand on a old computer (2.8GHz, 1.5G Memory) machine and
install OpenSuse 11.2 on the computer.  I re-downloaded the dev source code
and still getting the following errors after compiling.  Please see below.

if test "${TARGET_OS}" = "win32"
then
    echo COMPILER_NAME=vc9 > ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo SELECTED_COMPILER=msvc >> ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo SELECTED_COMPILER_VERSION=90 >>
${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo TARGET_OS=x86 >> ${STLPORT_DIR}/build/Makefiles/config.mak
    echo "#define _STLP_STATIC_CONST_INIT_BUG 1" >>
${STLPORT_DIR}/stlport/stl/config/user_config.h
    nmake SHELL=/bin/bash TARGET_OS=x86 /fmsvc.mak ${TARGET_LIST}
else
    make SHELL=/bin/bash -f gcc.mak ${TARGET_LIST}
fi
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `echo c++ (SUSE Linux) 4.4.1 [gcc-4_4-branch revision
150839] Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free
software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not
even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. | awk 'BEGIN {
FS = "."; } { print $1; }''
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `echo c++ (SUSE Linux) 4.4.1 [gcc-4_4-branch revision
150839] Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free
software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not
even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. | awk 'BEGIN {
FS = "."; } { print $2; }''
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/bin/bash: -c: line 0: `echo c++ (SUSE Linux) 4.4.1 [gcc-4_4-branch revision
150839] Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free
software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty; not
even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. | awk 'BEGIN {
FS = "."; } { print $3; }''
c++ -pthread -fexceptions -fident  -fPIC -g -fno-inline -fuse-cxa-atexit  -
D_REENTRANT -D_STLP_REAL_LOCALE_IMPLEMENTED -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_STLP_DEBUG -
I../../stlport  -c -o obj/gcc/so_stlg/dll_main.o ../../src/dll_main.cpp
In file included from ../../stlport/ctime:27,
                 from ../../src/stlport_prefix.h:32,
                 from ../../src/dll_main.cpp:29:
../../stlport/stl/_ctime.h:22:46: error: ../4.4.0/ctime: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../../stlport/stl/_threads.h:33,
                 from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.h:211,
                 from ../../stlport/utility:40,
                 from ../../src/dll_main.cpp:41:
../../stlport/stl/_cstddef.h:28:48: error: ../4.4.0/cstddef: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../../stlport/stl/_threads.h:37,
                 from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.h:211,
                 from ../../stlport/utility:40,
                 from ../../src/dll_main.cpp:41:
../../stlport/stl/_cstdlib.h:20:46: error: ../4.4.0/cstdlib: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../../stlport/stl/_cstdlib.h:170,
                 from ../../stlport/stl/_threads.h:37,
                 from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.h:211,
                 from ../../stlport/utility:40,
                 from ../../src/dll_main.cpp:41:
../../stlport/stl/_cmath.h:31:44: error: ../4.4.0/cmath: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.c:334,
                 from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.h:453,
                 from ../../stlport/utility:40,
                 from ../../src/dll_main.cpp:41:
../../stlport/stl/_cstdarg.h:19:46: error: ../4.4.0/cstdarg: No such file or
directory
In file included from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.c:337,
                 from ../../stlport/stl/debug/_debug.h:453,
                 from ../../stlport/utility:40,
                 from ../../src/dll_main.cpp:41:

On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 19:01:07 -0800, John V. Sichi wrote
> Hao Loi wrote:
> > libs\regex\src\c_regex_traits.cpp(22) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
> > include file: 'boost/config.hpp': No such file or directory
> >
> > The directory file listed the config.hpp is located at
> >
> > Directory of C:\home\jvs\thirdparty\boost\boost
> >
> > Is that why the compiler couldn't find the config.hpp?  If so, how do I
fix
> > that?
>
> Sorry, I don't know why it's not finding config.hpp.  You'll need to
> try to narrow it down by investigating the compilation command
> Boost's build is issuing.
>
> JVS

Re: compile in winodws - more errors

What is that awk stuff?  What file is bash referring to?  I can't tell
from your log snippet.

JVS