Luciddb 0.9.4 restore failed

murali
Hi,

I am trying to RESTORE 0.9.2 luciddb dump to 0.9.4 luciddb.

Triggered CALL SYS_ROOT.RESTORE_DATABASE( '...');
After few hours it completed with Error: connection closed

While starting the sqllineEngine it shows the below error

"stored catalog model Timestamp " does not match compiled catalog model Timestamp "".

Any ideas on how to fix this?

-Scribble

Re: Luciddb 0.9.4 restore failed

ngoodman
Murali,

This won't work.  Backup/Restore are physical binary methods and really only work inside a single instance.  Between 0.9.3 and 0.9.4 we also upgraded our STLPort/Boost libraries which increases the likelihood this won't work.

There are some pieces in place to do a "logical" level method of moving data from one version (or server) to another.  Check out http://www.luciddb.org/wiki/LucidDbSysRoot_EXPORT_SCHEMA_TO_FILE.  And this is improving.  In 0.9.4 we added the ability to generate the DDL for objects (including schemas) to make this even easier (just in case you don't have your original DDL saved).

http://www.luciddb.org/wiki/LucidDbSysRoot_GENERATE_DDL_FOR

Hope it all works out.  Also, the list is not really the primary place this type of discussion occurs now.  The forums here are the place to post this type of question in the future: http://www.luciddb.org/forums/

Nick

On May 22, 2012, at 11:59 PM, murali wrote:

> I am trying to RESTORE 0.9.2 luciddb dump to 0.9.4 luciddb.
>
> Triggered CALL SYS_ROOT.RESTORE_DATABASE( '...');
> After few hours it completed with Error: connection closed
>

> While starting the sqllineEngine it shows the below error
>
> "stored catalog model Timestamp " does not match compiled catalog model
> Timestamp "".
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

Re: Luciddb 0.9.4 restore failed

panpan2523
This logo has already established a global presence. Ash has attracted worldwide customers with boots and shoes that are fabulous in design and made with top quality craftsmanship and materials. http://ashsale.net/goods-61-Ash-Jalouse-Black-Suede-Ankle-Boot.html website   From the Ash headquarters in Northern Italy, their shoes and boots have spread to European centres and have gained a foothold in the markets of USA. Customers realise now that the Ash boots and Ash shoes that they wear are an amalgam of fashion, comfort, style and durability.