LucidDB Procedures

embb
Hi,

I'm analyzing luciddb to use on a ETL or ELT scenario.
Apparently only Java classes are allowed as procedures on this version (0.9.2) no SQL procedures are allowed.

About the Java procedures I've found no sample about reading or modifying data (but they are allowed on CREATE PROCEDURE syntax)

Can anyone give me a sample of Java procedure to read and write data on DB ?

Thanks in Advance
Eduardo Barbosa

Re: LucidDB Procedures

Eduardo Barbosa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm analyzing luciddb to use on a ETL or ELT scenario.
> Apparently only Java classes are allowed as procedures on this version
> (0.9.2) no SQL procedures are allowed.
>
> About the Java procedures I've found no sample about reading
> or modifying data (but they are allowed on CREATE PROCEDURE syntax)
>
> Can anyone give me a sample of Java procedure to read and write data on DB ?

You can use JDBC from within your procedure for this purpose, using the
standard SQL/J "jdbc:default:connection".  For an example, see this:

http://perforce.eigenbase.org/svn/trunk/open/dev/luciddb/src/com/lucidera/luciddb/applib/mondrian/ReplicateMondrianUdp.java
http://perforce.eigenbase.org/svn/trunk/open/dev/luciddb/src/com/lucidera/luciddb/applib/mondrian/MondrianReplicator.java