Quantcast

LucidDB 0.9.2 release is now available

Download links are available from http://www.luciddb.org, or from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/luciddb.

The LucidDB installer still does not support automatic upgrade, so be
sure to install the new release in a new location if you already have an
old version installed. Manual upgrade procedure:

http://docs.eigenbase.org/LucidDbUpgrade

Note that in this release, the default client/server JDBC protocol
was changed from RMI to HTTP.  This change affects upgraded servers,
as well as any installation procedures developed against older
versions.  For more information, please see this wiki page:

http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/FarragoHttpClient

There are a lot of wiki pages which need updating as a result of this
change; I'll be sending out a separate message with a request for help
in this area.

The binary package size has grown again due to the inclusion of the
embedded Jetty server needed for HTTP support.

Changes since 0.9.1 include

- add catalog-based password authentication
- change to HTTP as default client/server JDBC protocol
- add CPU cache-consciousness system parameter
- simplify build instructions a little bit
- beginning of cleanups on test harness
- include JTDS driver in classpath, and eliminate FarragoMedJdbc3p.jar
- fix deletion index rid-checking bug in ALTER TABLE REBUILD
- fix bitmap index creation bug for trailing spaces (LDB-198)
- fix catalog access problems via upgrade to Hibernate 3.3.2 (ENK-8)
- fix cancel for ANALYZE TABLE (FRG-379)
- add SKIP_TYPE_CHECK option to JDBC foreign data wrapper (FRG-340)
- support usage of dynamic parameters within UDX invocation
- improve JDBC foreign data wrapper SQL pushdown
- validate name uniqueness for CREATE USER/ROLE (FRG-244)

Enjoy,

Re: LucidDB 0.9.2 release is now available

Alex Mekhrishvili
Hello all,

I've just uploaded new version of ADO.NET provider which supports both HTTP and RMI protocols and able to work with LucidDB 0.9.2:

To make PostgreSQL wire protocol bridge (http://code.google.com/p/pg2luciddb) working with new version you should do the following things:

1. Put latest LucidDbClient.jar from "plugin" directory of 0.9.2 distribution to "lib" directory of PG2LucidDB
2. Modify the following lines in PG2LucidDB.properties file:

# JDBC driver class name
jdbcDriver = com.lucidera.jdbc.LucidDbHttpDriver

# JDBC driver base url
jdbcDriverBaseUrl = jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost

I'm going to build new release of PG2LucidDB in 2-3 weeks which will support HTTP protocol out of the box and will be mainly maintenance release with completely removed dependencies on H2 project's sources. It's essential to do this code cleanup to be able to integrate the bridge with LucidDB core later.

Alexander

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM, John V. Sichi <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Alexander!  Perhaps we can get the integration into the next
LucidDB release.

JVS

Alexander Mekhrishvili wrote:

> [...]
>     - change to HTTP as default client/server JDBC protocol
>     - add CPU cache-consciousness system parameter
>     - simplify build instructions a little bit
>     - beginning of cleanups on test harness
>     - include JTDS driver in classpath, and eliminate FarragoMedJdbc3p.jar
>     - fix deletion index rid-checking bug in ALTER TABLE REBUILD
>     - fix bitmap index creation bug for trailing spaces (LDB-198)
>     - fix catalog access problems via upgrade to Hibernate 3.3.2 (ENK-8)
>     - fix cancel for ANALYZE TABLE (FRG-379)
>     - add SKIP_TYPE_CHECK option to JDBC foreign data wrapper (FRG-340)
>     - support usage of dynamic parameters within UDX invocation
>     - improve JDBC foreign data wrapper SQL pushdown
>     - validate name uniqueness for CREATE USER/ROLE (FRG-244)
>
>     Enjoy,
>     JVS

Re: LucidDB 0.9.2 release is now available

I hope so. I'll update you as soon as new release will be ready.

Alex

I've just uploaded new version of ADO.NET <http://ADO.NET> provider which supports both HTTP and RMI protocols and able to work with LucidDB 0.9.2:

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM, John V. Sichi <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

[...]

   <mailto:[hidden email]>