Lucid JDBC Driver Java 5

Eric von Czapiewski

Hi!

We are trying to evaluate LucidDB as an alternative database to common RDBMS’ for analytic purposes.

We have the constraint that we need to connect to LucidDB from a front end application (SAP Business Objects) via:

-          JDBC (based on Java 5)

-          ODBC (unixODBC)

At the moment we have the problem that the out-of-the-box JDBC driver is based on Java 6 and can’t be used by Java 5 implementation.

We have already tried the PG2Lucid-Bridge but it seems as there are some difficulties with the metadata functions, as well needed by our front end.

Does exist a JDBC driver for Java 5? Any others suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Eric.