Lucid 0.9.2 CPU Cycles

Tom Barber
Alright guys,

Slightly cryptic question, in case anyone has an idea off the top of their heads, Lucid will run fine for a couple of weeks, then on morning whilst doing a PDI bulkload it will just suck up 300% cpu and sit there until the process is killed, anyway to determine what is causes the blowup?

Logs don't seem to suggest anything, and restarting lucid and firing the job off again sorts it out, its like it just has some issue overflowing.

Cheers

Tom

Re: Lucid 0.9.2 CPU Cycles

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:16 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Alright guys,
>
> Slightly cryptic question, in case anyone has an idea off the top of their
> heads, Lucid will run fine for a couple of weeks, then on morning whilst
> doing a PDI bulkload it will just suck up 300% cpu and sit there until the
> process is killed, anyway to determine what is causes the blowup?
>
> Logs don't seem to suggest anything, and restarting lucid and firing the job
> off again sorts it out, its like it just has some issue overflowing.

Best thing to do next time it happens is to get stack dumps before
killing it.  Ideally one from Java (e.g. using Control-\ in the server
console) and one from C++ (attach with gdb, and then run "thread apply
all where").  Capture those in a new JIRA issue.

Re: Lucid 0.9.2 CPU Cycles

Tom Barber
Shame I've only got 4 days left at this place then :P