Installation problems

Yanis Guenane
Hi Community,

I am brand new to LucidDB and when I wrote about column store database I wanted to start using it right away.

Problem. First step of the installation. It seems not working for me.

On the wiki it's said

the correct location for your JRE (make sure it's Java 1.6 or higher)

Then I put the following line on my .bashrc file

 export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/"

That is where ... /lib/tools.jar is located.

Then when I launch the ./install.sh script it always result the same way : an Error.

This is the trace :

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIB_DIR/fennel

# configure tracing
mkdir $TRACE_DIR
cat >$TRACE_DIR/Trace.properties <<EOF
# Tracing configuration

handlers=java.util.logging.FileHandler
java.util.logging.FileHandler.append=true
java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter=java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter

java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern=$TRACE_DIR/Trace.log

.level=CONFIG
EOF

LOCALCLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
for lib in `find $LIB_DIR -path $LIB_DIR/plugin -not -prune -o -name "*.jar"`; do
  LOCALCLASSPATH=$LOCALCLASSPATH:$lib
done

cygwin=false
case "`uname`" in
    CYWGIN*) cygwin=true ;;
esac

if $cygwin; then
    LOCALCLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$LOCALCLASSPATH"`
fi

echo $LOCALCLASSPATH >$BIN_DIR/classpath.gen

I don't know if this help much but doest anyone know what's going wrong with my installation procedure ?

I am usgin Ubutun 10.04 64Bits, with LucidDB 0.9.3

Thank you,

--
Yanis Guenane
Cassini Solutions

Phone : (+33)1.71.19.45.33
E-mail  : [hidden email]

Re: Installation problems

I don't see any error in the installation output.  It looks like it
worked fine.  I just verified on my own Ubuntu installation and I'm
using the same JAVA_HOME setting as you.

JVS

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 6:14 AM, Yanis Guenane <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Community,
> I am brand new to LucidDB and when I wrote about column store database I
> wanted to start using it right away.
> Problem. First step of the installation. It seems not working for me.
> On the wiki it's said
>>
>> the correct location for your JRE (make sure it's Java 1.6 or higher)
>
> Then I put the following line on my .bashrc file
>>
>>  export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.22/"
>
> That is where ... /lib/tools.jar is located.
> Then when I launch the ./install.sh script it always result the same way :
> an Error.
> This is the trace :
>>
>> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIB_DIR/fennel
>>
>> # configure tracing
>>
>> mkdir $TRACE_DIR
>>
>> cat >$TRACE_DIR/Trace.properties <<EOF
>>
>> # Tracing configuration
>>
>> handlers=java.util.logging.FileHandler
>>
>> java.util.logging.FileHandler.append=true
>>
>> java.util.logging.FileHandler.formatter=java.util.logging.SimpleFormatter
>>
>> java.util.logging.FileHandler.pattern=$TRACE_DIR/Trace.log
>>
>> .level=CONFIG
>>
>> EOF
>>
>> LOCALCLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar
>>
>> for lib in `find $LIB_DIR -path $LIB_DIR/plugin -not -prune -o -name
>> "*.jar"`; do
>>
>>   LOCALCLASSPATH=$LOCALCLASSPATH:$lib
>>
>> done
>>
>> cygwin=false
>>
>> case "`uname`" in
>>
>>     CYWGIN*) cygwin=true ;;
>>
>> esac
>>
>> if $cygwin; then
>>
>>     LOCALCLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$LOCALCLASSPATH"`
>>
>> fi
>>
>> echo $LOCALCLASSPATH >$BIN_DIR/classpath.gen
>
> I don't know if this help much but doest anyone know what's going wrong with
> my installation procedure ?
> I am usgin Ubutun 10.04 64Bits, with LucidDB 0.9.3
> Thank you,
> --
> Yanis Guenane
> Cassini Solutions
> BI Developer
> 5 rue Sextius Michel
> 75015, Paris, FRANCE
>
> Phone : (+33)1.71.19.45.33
> E-mail  : [hidden email]

Re: Installation problems

Yanis Guenane
Sorry John,

Everything wen weel, my bad I read to quickly the Wiki.

Yanis Guenane
Cassini Solutions
BI Developer
5 rue Sextius Michel