Experiences with luciddb

Eric Freed
Hi all,

I want to make a case for the use of LucidDB, and am looking for LucidDB users who are able to point to concrete successes (in production, not just benchmarks). I don't need to contact anyone, but could use some success stories.

Anyone have any good stories?

Thanks
Eric

Re: Experiences with luciddb

lsofttm
Hello Eric
I'm Levent
I'm a student  and I work on luciddb.
when I started to install the luciddb (win 32)
it has crashed.The last thing I have seen that a small black screen(MS DOS screen) and it's just disappeared.
I have slown down it but I have seen nothing on the black screen.
I 'm sending a photo of the black screen.
I thinkmaybe you can show me the way or figure out..
Thanks for helping..

By the way:
I'm using Microsoft XP SP3
And I have downloaded  luciddb win32(also 64)
luciddb crashes

Re: Experiences with luciddb

Kevin Secretan
Levent,

install.bat does some busy-work and spits out a few files (one called "classpath.gen"). Go to the bin folder and try running lucidDbServer, then once it starts up completely run sqllineClient. Most people usually run these directly from the command prompt (which you can get with Start > Run > "cmd.exe") where the messages are quickly visible. Windows will close a cmd window by itself if there is no prompt for input, which we don't do in the case of install.bat.

If you're still having trouble, consult: http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidDbGettingStarted

http://luciddb-users.1374590.n2.nabble.com/file/n6402691/25.05.jpg