Errors faced trying to get Mondrian working with Lucid DB(0.92) using FOODMART schmea

Errors faced trying to get Mondrian working with Lucid DB(0.92) using FOODMART schmea

Richard Smith-3
Hi guys

I have followed to the letter in the instructions on http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidD...ianReplication relating to mondrian's ability to speak to Lucid db, but experiencing the following errors when I access http://ubuntup1:8080/mondrian/testpa...query=mondrian

JPivot had an error ...

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while creating SQL connection: Jdbc=jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while creating SQL connection: Jdbc=jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handle JspException(JspServletWrapper.java:460) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:355) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:329) at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:265) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:803)......

I have changed all the appropriate settings in the datasources.xml, mondrian.properties, mondrian.jsp, testrole.jsp, arrows.jsp, colors.jsp etcto use the Lucid db required settings

jdbcURL=jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost;
jdbcUser=SU2;jdbcDrivers=org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver;
Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml
driver.classpath=/opt/pentaho/3.5.0/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/mondrian/testlib/LucidDbClient.jar

I have also tried putting in the schema name in the jdbc driver but does not work either (i.e jdbcURL=jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost;schema='FOODMART')

I know Luciddb can accept client requests because SQuirrelSQL logged in under the user 'SU2' is up and running and connected to Luciddb I can read all the table data in the Foodmart schema

ANY advice or help is greatly appreciated as this is proving to be a very difficult issue to resolve.

I would especially appreciate that anyone who has been able to get Mondrian talking to Lucid, to post the connection settings (for mondrian.jsp) so I can decipher what I am missing in my environment

Thank you for your time and help
Richard

Re: Errors faced trying to get Mondrian working with Lucid DB(0.92) using FOODMART schmea

Nicholas Goodman
Richard,

On Nov 26, 2009, at 4:24 PM, Richard Smith wrote:

I have followed to the letter in the instructions on http://pub.eigenbase.org/wiki/LucidD...ianReplication relating to mondrian's ability to speak to Lucid db, but experiencing the following errors when I access http://ubuntup1:8080/mondrian/testpa...query=mondrian
I see below that you're pointing it to a Pentaho installation, but then using Mondrian webapp alongside Pentaho.  Any reason why you're going with the [much more difficult] mondrian only webapp instead of using Pentaho CE?

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while creating SQL connection: Jdbc=jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost

jdbcURL=jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost;
jdbcUser=SU2;jdbcDrivers=org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver;
Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml
driver.classpath=/opt/pentaho/3.5.0/biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/mondrian/testlib/LucidDbClient.jar

Looks like there's some issue with how Mondrian/LucidDB driver are parsing things up.  I'd suggest trying two things:

Option 1 - Put the values in single quotes:
ie, Jdbc='jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost;schema=FOODMART';jdbcUser='sa';

Option 2 - Create a tomcat JNDI datasource for the connection
Create a JNDI datasource in tomcat, where you can put all the URL/user/etc into an .XML file and then use the "DataSource" for the connection instead of Jdbc* options.

Mondrian and LucidDB are used together all the time, but outside of LucidEra it's mostly through Pentaho.  However, it should definitely work with Mondrian standalone so let us know how you get on and if it's an issue with either, we can continue getting it sorted.

Kind Regards,

Re: Errors faced trying to get Mondrian working with Lucid DB(0.92) using FOODMART schmea

Richard Smith-3

Hi Nicholas

Thank you so much for  your reply.
1. Well I tried your first option and unfortunately it didnt work with inserting the single quotes, it just produced the same error message, error while connecting to SQL
Contents of my modrian.jsp file below
<%@ page session="true" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://www.tonbeller.com/jpivot" prefix="jp" %>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %>

<%-- uses a dataSource --%>
<%-- jp:mondrianQuery id="query01" dataSource="jdbc/MondrianFoodmart" catalogUri="/WEB-INF/demo/FoodMart.xml" --%>

<%-- uses lucid d--%>
<%-- jp:mondrianQuery id="query01" jdbcDriver="org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver" jdbcUrl="jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost" jdbcUser="SU2"  catalogUri="/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml"--%>

<%-- uses a role defined in FoodMart.xml --%>
<%-- jp:mondrianQuery role="California manager" id="query01" jdbcDriver="org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver" jdbcUrl="jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost" jdbcUser="SU2"  catalogUri="/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml" --%>

<jp:mondrianQuery id="query01" jdbcDriver="org.luciddb.jdbc.LucidDbClientDriver" jdbcUrl='jdbc:luciddb:http://localhost;schema=FOODMART'  jdbcUser='SU2'  catalogUri="/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml">
select
  {[Measures].[Unit Sales], [Measures].[Store Cost], [Measures].[Store Sales]} on columns,
  {([Promotion Media].[All Media], [Product].[All Products])} ON rows
from Sales
where ([Time].[1997])
</jp:mondrianQuery>

<c:set var="title01" scope="session">Test Query uses Mondrian OLAP</c:set>

2. With respect your second option of setting up JNDI datasource within tomcat, I wast really wasnt sure where to set that, particularly as I was using  theTomcat instance which comes installed  with Pentaho BI. I tried to install Tomcat's 5.5 admin tool,
which allows you to set everything through a web gui but couldnt get that to work either. I even tried to install mondrian in another environment which has Tomcat 6, but that proved to be equally as challenging.

I decided to leave Modrian talking with Lucid outside of pentaho for now and return  to attempting to get Lucid to speak to Modrian inside pentaho BI-Server as you observed in your reply.

I have set up the following
- updated biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml file
- updated biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/META-INF/context.xml
- Logged into Administration Console
- Added the new datasource linked to Lucid Pressed the test button and voila success everything tested ok
- The Datasource now appears in the valid list of Datasources within Admin Console

- Logged into the BIServer as Joe (Admin)
-Go to define a new report
-Go to select Data Source
-Add a New Data source, a connection list appears with Lucid datasource that was successfully tested within admin-console
- I highlight the new Lucid Datasource and press edit connection, all of the settngs that appeared in the admin-console appear here . I also notice that it defaults to generic database in the connection type
- I press Test and unfortunately hit another error

"Error connecting to database [lucidfm] : org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
"Error occured while trying to connect to the database
"Exception while loading class
"org.pentaho.di.core.exception.KettleDatabaseException:
"Error occured while trying to connect to the database
"Exception while loading class
"at org.pentaho.di.core

- I reboot the server and restart everything again and still get the error message...So Im scratching my head thinking this works in the admin console but not in the BI Server.
Just to make sure I dont have a flaky Pentaho BI server install, I test all the other datasources which are connected to MySQL and Hypersonic they all work and I can run  SQL statements within the preview area.
So Im faced which another issue with Lucid.

Im kinda of stuck now because I cant even get Lucid to play nice with the mondrian schema workbench client too so I cant publish a schema file to the BI server, which means no analysis views on Lucid.
That strange inability to browse tables  using  JDBC explorer functionality. It shows the Schema eg. Foodmart...then the tables (Customer, Department , inventory_fact_1997 etc, then stops. With foodmart in Mysql you can browse down to the table columns)

I would be very greatful if anybody could point me in the right direction as regards Lucid  connection anomolies..Any Successfully working connection settings are greatfully recieved
Thank you again Richard

Re: Errors faced trying to get Mondrian working with Lucid DB(0.92) using FOODMART schmea

Richard Smith-3
Thank you for your Reply
Tom

I was wondering if it was possible if you could post connection settings for one of your successful Lucid to Mondrian environments.
Also has anybody got Lucid 9.2 working with pentaho 3.5
Thank you again
Richard