Disk Usage

felipe
Hi.

I'm doing a research on LucidDB, and I'd like to know if there is a way to determine how much space in disk LucidDB use to allocate a given schema.

Is there a way to get this information?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Att.

Felipe Issa.

Re: Disk Usage

ngoodman
Feilpe - welcome to the community.

On May 3, 2011, at 5:06 PM, Felipe Issa wrote:

I'm doing a research on LucidDB, and I'd like to know if there is a way to determine how much space in disk LucidDB use to allocate a given schema.
Yes, there is!  It actually gives column by column and index by index allocated storage figures.  Here's a query, that we are including in our upcoming release of our Admin tools to show such information:

select
 table_schem as schema,
 table_name,
 index_name, pages*32/1024 as "SizeInMB"
from
 sys_boot.jdbc_metadata.index_info_internal
where
 table_schem = '<<your schema>>'
order by 1,2,4 desc;

NOTE: This requires current stats to produce any results, so prior to running this, you'll need to analyze your tables/schema

Anyway, thanks for your help!
Of course!  Let us know what you see and any further q's you might have about it!

Kind Regards,

Re: Disk Usage

felipe
Thanks Nick, i fell welcome already!

That is not exactly what i needed, but I used it to get the data that I wanted, so Thank you very much man!

Att.

Felipe Issa.

From: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 10:12:12 -0700
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [luciddb-users] Disk Usage

[...]

Nick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ WhatsUp Gold - Download Free Network Management Software The most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network management toolset available today. Delivers lowest initial acquisition cost and overall TCO of any competing solution. http://p.sf.net/sfu/whatsupgold-sd