Comparison

Rahul Chopra
Hello,

I was just wondering, has anyone done any tests to see how LucidDB compares in query performance to MonetDB in particular, and other open source databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL?

-- Rahul

=
Wilderness Canoe Camping Trips
Camp & paddle the BWCA/Quetico with Voyageur from the Gunflint Trail.
http://a8-asy.a8ww.net/a8-ads/adftrclick?redirectid=1dc56725687b86919d8d9bed9de0f1ad

--
Powered by Outblaze

Re: Comparison

Rahul Chopra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was just wondering, has anyone done any tests to see how LucidDB
> compares in query performance to MonetDB in particular, and other
> open source databases like PostgreSQL and MySQL?

If you google for "luciddb monetdb benchmark", it looks like there may
be some efforts underway, but I haven't seen any head-to-head results
published yet.

This page has some LucidDB-to-MySQL comparisons using the Set Query
Benchmark:

http://docs.eigenbase.org/LucidDbSqbm

When I ran the tests, there were a lot of artificial constraints to try
to make it apples-to-apples, plus the InnoDB index storage size came out
suspiciously large, so the results may not be very useful.  Next release
of LucidDB will have intelligent prefetch and a smarter cache
victimization policy; these should make it ready for some serious
large-scale performance comparisons.