A little trouble during the initial setup of 9.2 on Windows

A little trouble during the initial setup of 9.2 on Windows

Justin Phillips

I am having a little trouble getting the luciddb server to start.  I am using Windows XP and have unpacked the files to C:\nullvoid\reporting\luciddb.

I have put as copy of the JDK I am using in C:\nullvoid\reporting\jdk150_11 and placed the following statement in the install script so it would use that copy of the JDK:  set JAVA_HOME=C:\nullvoid\reporting\jdk150_11

After running install.bat I get the following response:  Installation successful

After the install the classpath.bat file contains the correct JAVA_HOME set statement so I think we are good there.

When I try to run lucidDbServer.bat I get the following output:

Server personality:  LucidDB

Exception in thread "main" org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseException: Failed to load database

        at net.sf.farrago.resource.FarragoResource$_Def1.ex(FarragoResource.java:1976)

        at net.sf.farrago.db.FarragoDatabase.<init>(FarragoDatabase.java:291)

        at net.sf.farrago.db.FarragoDbSingleton.pinReference(FarragoDbSingleton.java:100)

        at net.sf.farrago.server.FarragoAbstractServer.start(FarragoAbstractServer.java:232)

        at com.lucidera.farrago.LucidDbServer.main(LucidDbServer.java:61)

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\nullvoid\reporting\luciddb\lib\fennel\farrago.dll: This application has failed to star

t because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem

        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)

        at org.eigenbase.util.Util.loadLibrary(Util.java:1099)

        at net.sf.farrago.fennel.FennelStorage.<clinit>(FennelStorage.java:47)

        at net.sf.farrago.db.FarragoDatabase.assertNoFennelHandles(FarragoDatabase.java:501)

        at net.sf.farrago.db.FarragoDatabase.loadFennel(FarragoDatabase.java:512)

        at net.sf.farrago.db.FarragoDatabase.<init>(FarragoDatabase.java:204)

        ... 3 more

I looked at the FAQ and the only advice there that seems related provides a solution for different flavors of linux but not Windows and the solution does not exactly fit the error (I think).

Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Sircon, a Vertafore Business; protected from disclosure, and may be privileged. The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of this message.  Opinions expressed in this communication may or may not be those of Sircon, a Vertafore Business.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

.

Re: A little trouble during the initial setup of 9.2 on Windows

Alex Mekhrishvili
It seems to be that you don't have some system DLLs which are essential to run
LucidDB on Win32.

Please check if you have msvcr90.dll in your c:\windows\system32 directory. If not

Let me know if it works for you.

Regards,
Alexander

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Justin Phillips <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

If Alexander's diagnosis is correct, this would be a good one for a new
FAQ entry.

JVS

Alexander Mekhrishvili wrote:

> [...]
>
>     Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

>     The information contained in this message is proprietary of Sircon,
>     a Vertafore Business; protected from disclosure, and may be
>     privileged. The information is intended to be conveyed only to the
>     designated recipient(s) of this message.  Opinions expressed in this
>     communication may or may not be those of Sircon, a Vertafore
>     Business.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
>     recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use,
>     distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited
>     and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in
>     error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
>     deleting it from your computer.
>

>     .

Re: A little trouble during the initial setup of 9.2 on Windows

I think his evaluation is correct.  I searched for the msvcr90.dll and
did not find it.  Sadly the workstation I am trying to get this running
on does not allow me to do any installations (locked down by network
folks).

I tried grabbing a portable app which I knew had the msvcr90.dll file
(Portable OpenOffice 3.1) and adding the path to the folder with this
file to the beginning of the path variable at the start of the
defineFarragoRuntime.bat file but still received the same error.

Thanks for the help,
JP

------
>     Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports
2008
>     30-Day
>     trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment -
and
>     focus on
>     what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new
with

------