0.9.3 MacOS prerelease binary available

Hey there,

I've uploaded a build here:

http://ansible.eigenbase.org/download/luciddb-bin-macos32-0.9.3.tar.bz2

It should work pretty much the same as the Linux build:  untar,
install.sh, and you're ready to go.  (No fancy Mac packaging yet--I'll
leave that for someone who knows that area well.)

Due to some issues with the 64-bit compiler, I ended up creating this as
a 32-bit build; we'll leave 64-bit for a future release.  My assumption
is that most Mac users will just want it for development purposes
anyway, for which 32-bit is good enough.

This build passed all checkin acceptance tests, so I think it should be
good to go, but please give it as much testing as you can before the
final release.

Enjoy,
JVS

p.s. Thanks to Alexander Mekhrishvili's provision of a Win64 machine,
the port for that is almost done; I'll be uploading a prerelease binary
for that soon.  This is turning out to be "The Year of the Port" for
LucidDB.

Re: 0.9.3 MacOS prerelease binary available

By the way, this build was with JDK 1.6, and all of the 0.9.3 release
builds will be 1.6.

Re: 0.9.3 MacOS prerelease binary available

Francisco Reyes-3
John V. Sichi writes:

> I've uploaded a build here:
> http://ansible.eigenbase.org/download/luciddb-bin-macos32-0.9.3.tar.bz2

Is there a list of upcoming features?
Also, when will there a test build for Linux?

Re: 0.9.3 MacOS prerelease binary available

I wasn't planning to do Linux prereleases since the focus of this
release is the ports.  However, I'll compare notes with Nick and come up
with the feature list, since most of those are coming from Dynamo BI
this time around.

JVS

Francisco Reyes wrote:

> John V. Sichi writes:
>
>> I've uploaded a build here:
>> http://ansible.eigenbase.org/download/luciddb-bin-macos32-0.9.3.tar.bz2
>
> Is there a list of upcoming features?
> Also, when will there a test build for Linux?

0.9.3 Win64 prerelease binary available

http://ansible.eigenbase.org/download/luciddb-bin-win64-0.9.3.zip

Re: 0.9.3 MacOS prerelease binary available

> Francisco Reyes wrote:
>> Is there a list of upcoming features?

Here's a summary consolidated from me and Nick:

* Win64 and Mac ports

* a new foreign data wrapper for querying data from Salesforce (this
won't actually be released in the LucidDB package, but it will be
packaged in such a way that you can just install it as an extension in
LucidDB via SQL commands; Nick will be providing more details on the
build/release for this)

* support for execution of deployment descriptors by sqlj.install_jar
(currently under dev/test by Dynamo BI)

* support for clean shutdown via daemon scripts

* new UDR's for CREATE TABLE LIKE, CREATE TABLE AS SELECT, and
conditional SQL execution (currently under dev/test by Dynamo BI)

* upgrades for a number of thirdparty libraries (this is mostly for
maintainability, e.g. for compiling with recent g++ versions, but also
includes important bugfixes such as some concurrency limitations in the
Janino runtime compiler, and a VJDBC fix for remote EXPLAIN PLAN)

In parallel, I've been making progress on Firewater join pushdown, but
that is on its own dev/release track.

Re: 0.9.3 MacOS prerelease binary available

ngoodman
I won't shamelessly plug DynamoDB Administration and UI features; not yet anyway.  :)

We've added a few additional UDX functions as well:
* REMOTE_ROWS UDX - allows for serialized java rows to be streamed across HTTP from remote locations.
* READ_ROWS_FROM_FILE / WRITE_ROWS_TO_FILE - reads and writes native Java objects to / from files.  Provides methods to export/import data using serialized java objects.  Supports URLs for locations, and also reads/writes compressed inline.
* CLEAR_PENTAHO_MONDRIAN_CACHE - Given a username/password/url of a Pentaho server it clears the Mondrian cache (useful after a new load).

 We've also delivered
 * Pentaho Data Integration an HTTP based bulk loader to LucidDB.  It streams data across the network and gets around the "single row INSERT" issue when loading from the ETL tool.  It supports INSERT/UPDATE/MERGE statements. (it's in the PDI 4.x code line which is just now RC1) and will require LucidDB 0.9.3.